MISSION AND VISION
The Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO) was established by Congress in 2007 as an Under Secretary of Defense-level position. In 2008 the DoD formally chartered the Office of the DCMO to better synchronize, integrate, and coordinate the business operations of the department and ensure optimal alignment in support of the warfighting mission. The FY 2018 National Defense Authorization Act elevated the Chief Management Officer as the third highest civilian in the Department behind the Secretary and the Deputy Secretary.
Deliver optimized Enterprise Business Operations to assure the success of the National Defense Strategy.
Efficiency for Lethality by leading business operations for the Department through innovative processes and services, data-driven solutions, and mission focused funding.
- Create a long-lasting culture of innovation, empowerment, and improvement to reduce the cost of doing business throughout the Department.
- Lead the integration and optimization of enterprise business operations throughout the Department.
- Deliver performance-driven shared services and an exceptional customer experience.
- Expand our data analytics capability and cultivate data-driven solutions.
- Decrease overlap and duplication throughout Defense business operations to increase mission focused funding.